So, it has been a hectic few months. Since that last really bad poetry post I think we have seen sunshine just once. Fed up of cold, rain, sleet and snow (especially in April!) and would like some warm weather!
So much has happened, in no particular order:
- Christmas happened. Just like it does every bloody year.
- I became an officially licenced Amateur Radio operator. Callsign M0HHN. More about this in future posts.
- Due to Christmas and a very ill dog I failed to put the Mini through an MoT.
- Went to the Outdoors Show at the Olympia, exhibiting with Adam from UK Cache Mag.
- Had a month off work sick.
- During that month off I started playing Clash Of Clans. I haven’t stopped yet. 8 weeks later, it’s the most I have played a game in years. More than I played Battlefield 3 and CoD Black Ops combined…
- We released a UK Geocaching Podcast every month from August 2012 to today (well, after I have finished this post…) making it my personal record for continuous release.
I am sure there’s more we have done but I can’t remember. I will be updating a little more regularly with the geekery, got a new Arduino project to work on, building a quiz buzzer system so that the Mini Club can run a Bullseye (Jim Bowen stylee) night, want to build some amateur radio antennas for 2 metres and HF transmission, we have just started an Amateur Radio Club for Fareham West Scouts so we can train Scouters (leaders and young people) to pass the ham exams too. More on that at fwsarc.cornellfinch.com
I am also going to post some pictures of the crappy bases that I find in Clash of Clans as really good examples of how not to do it. Might also write some tips from what I have learned in the last 8 weeks or so too.